Have you read my latest beauty review (link) on Maybelline's new innovation, the Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara? If you are already known, it's actually Maybelline's first dual-ended brush mascara which claimed to create 2x bigger eyes effect within single application!
I was so glad to be invited to their grand launching two weeks back at Bridge Bar, G Tower. It was first started with a short video highlighting how you can create three different 'Big Eyes' look with the Big Eye Mascara: Big Date look, Big Meeting look and Big Night Out. I was so impressed how they play with the colours of eyeshadow and various application tips to create these three looks.
Pink Fong, Marketing Manager of Maybelline New York Malaysia, explained during the product launch that the Big Eye Mascara is designed specifically to solve common problems women encounter when trying to achieve the 'Big Eyes' look. "Everyone wants to have bigger eyes, or the 'Big Eye' effect. However, many of us face the same problems, such as small eyes, droopy eyelids, short lashes, or even lashes that just won't curl properly, no matter how many times you try!"
Therefore, Big Eyes Mascara to the rescue! Here are some tips to create perfect big eye look using Big Eyes Mascara regardless of your lash type:
- Dramatic Big Eyes: For a special occasion or a night out, get dramatic big eyes by coating your upper lashes two or three times with the big brush. Then, use the micro brush on your lower lashes. This will instantly open up your eyes for 2x bigger eyes.
- Very Short & Fine Lashes: Use the micro brush on your upper lashes to define the tiny lashes. Then, use the big brush to create thicker lashes effect.
- Naturally Big Eyes: You can also opt for a more natural look by using the micro brush on both upper and lower lashes to create natural volume all around.
- Small or Droopy Eyes: Coat your upper lashes with the micro brush. This will help coat every tiny lash without smudging or staining your eyelids.
The Maybelline team have specially set up two booths during the launching and this is the one where you get to experience the 'Big Eyes' look featuring their new eyeshadow palette, Big Eyes Shadow. Its 24-hour gel-powder formula glides and lasts like a gel but spreads smooth like a powder, it also contains high-shine glitters to really open up your eyes, especially when applied at the inner corners.
The other booth featuring their star product, Big Eyes Mascara. The makeup artist also explains patiently the usage of the two brushes and how to create bigger eyes effect as everyone has different eye shape.
In conjunction with the grand launching of Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara, they have invited fashion designer, Kittie Yiyi to style the models with outfits from her pre-fall collection.
Each of the models was styled according to one of the three Maybelline New York 'Big Eyes' look with her fun and quirky designs.
Janice and I also try to create our very own 'Big Eye' look but I guess we failed to do so? :P By the way, here's a good news to share with you guys that you may take part in the "Get the Party Started with Maybelline" contest from 10 November onwards and stand a chance to win an all-expense paid makeup party of your dreams! Only 5 steps and you're done :)
- Purchase RM50 worth of any Maybelline New York products.
- Take a 'wefie' photo with five of your girlfriends; and upload it on the Maybelline Malaysia Facebook page. Remember to tag everyone, including Maybelline.
- Finish off with a creative caption to describe your dream party.
- Email the photo and proof of purchase to Maybelline at email@example.com.
- The 3 most creative entries will win the makeup party of their dreams, and the winners will play host to their five tagged girlfriends at the party of a lifetime, with all costs and expenses fully-sponsored by Maybelline!
From 22 December to 3 January 2015, you can also join Maybelline as they 'Take the Party to Watsons'. There will be a special booth set up at selected Watsons stores, where expert makeup artists will give free makeovers and advice to women who want to achieve the 'Big Eyes' look effortlessly with Maybelline. If you are a Watsons VIP card member, you will stand a chance to double your prize and even win an exclusive Kate Spade bag when you join the contest.
Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara is available in one colour (black) only for the RRP of RM45.90 while Big Eyes Shadow is available in three colours (Gorgeous Pink, Smokey Brown, Copper Gold) for the RRP of RM45.90.
For more information, please visit